Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 223

Coconut Curry Cashews: I really haven't eaten that much candy during the course of my blog, but every now and then, I stumble upon a new sweet that I can't resist trying. During last week's trip to Your Dekalb Farmers Market, I found these candy-coated cashews in the bagged candy section near the front of the store. I love cashews, but I'd never seen any that used curry powder for flavoring. I liked the idea of a sweet/hot coating on cashews, so I got a small bag of these to take home.

I've had a lot of other new foods to get around to this week, so I decided to finally give these a try today. According to the label, the candy coating was made from white chocolate, coconut, curry powder, sea salt, and sugar. I like all those things, so how could these be bad?
Actually, these were awesome. The coating had a nice mix of sweet from the white chocolate and heat from the curry powder, with a hint of coconut flavor. The cashews were firm and crunchy on the inside, and I could have easily eaten the whole quarter pound bag in one sitting. As I've mentioned before, I have a low tolerance for spicy food (despite eating it frequently), and the curry in these definitely made me sweat a little. Good stuff.

I'm not sure if these are available anywhere besides YDFM, but if you see them, give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment