Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 2

Ataulfo Mango: This was another Buford Highway Farmer's Market find. Their produce section is extensive and tantalizing, and I saw this as soon as I walked in the door. This one is native to Mexico, and has a yellow skin instead of the green that you're used to seeing with traditional mangos.

Honestly, it really didn't taste different from a regular mango to me. If blindfolded, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all. I love mangos, so it was definitely tasty, but I wouldn't be compelled to buy one again. I wish I had more to report with today's post, but like I mentioned before, not all my finds are gonna be exceptional. Such is life.

1 comment:

  1. I found it more fragrant than the usual big-belly mangoes. The fragrance could be turn-off for some people.

    ReplyDelete