Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 134

Orion Cuttlefish Peanut Ball: Today's post is another strange snack I found before the holidays at the BHFM. I didn't feel much like trying something substantial tonight after the weekend-long binge of holiday food, and I had this bagged Asian snack stashed for a backup. I was in need of a little something to tide me over till dinner, so I decided to check these out. I've generally had good luck with the Asian snacks I've tried during this project, so I figured these couldn't be that bad. The flavor description (cuttlefish peanut?) was a bit bizarre - what were these gonna taste like?
These snacks basically consisted of tiny little balls made from wheat flour. The manufacturing company's website (www.orionworld.com) described it as "the refreshing taste of the seas and the nutty flavor of peanuts in one bag." Hmm, OK. After the "octopus flavored" snack I tried a few days ago, I wasn't sure what to expect from these. I popped a couple in my mouth, and the flavor was honestly more salty than anything else. I didn't really detect the "taste of the seas," mainly just some saltiness and faint peanutty-ness. The texture was airy and crunchy, with a seemingly hollow center. Not bad.

I've found that a lot of the bagged snacks from across the world aren't much different from what we eat here - most of them could easily be repackaged and sold under different names with no questions. These were OK, but not too much to report. I feel like it's hard to translate a true seafood taste to a chip-like snack, so if anyone knows one that's truly fishy, let me know.

FYI, Orion's website suggests that these are best enjoyed with a "glass of bear." Mmm...bear.

2 comments:

  1. I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively. Best ball for pregnancy

    ReplyDelete