Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 274

D'Gari "Sherry" Gelatin Dessert: When I saw this package of dessert mix at the Fiesta Farmers Market a few days ago, I wasn't sure what to think. I knew this would probably be like any other gelatin or Jell-O I've tried, but one thing was definitely different: the "sherry" flavor description. The box that the individual packages of powder came in prominently featured a glass of wine on the front - was this really wine-flavored gelatin? There was only one way to find out.
I decided to try this one for dessert tonight, and preparation for this supposedly booze-flavored gelatin was easy. I mixed the powder with boiling water, then simmered for a couple minutes until dissolved. After a couple hours of refrigeration, it was ready to eat.
The final product looked like, well, Jell-O, and the color was deep red. I spooned a sampling out of the bowl and took a bite, and I was really hoping for something new and different. No such luck - the flavor was kind of a strawberry/cherry/grape blend that didn't taste like sherry at all. I let the GF try it, and she thought it tasted more like grape than anything else. I don't really know what I was expecting with this, but standard fruit flavor wasn't it. Oh well, now I need to buy some Reddi-Wip to finish the rest of with.

As I finished writing this entry, I realized that I tried two jelly/gelatin products in a row. However, I can definitely say that today's jelly was much better than yesterday's grass version.

No comments:

Post a Comment