Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 302

Kadhaai Brand Egg Curry: I sincerely hope my readers like hearing about Indian cuisine, since I've been trying a lot of it lately. Today's new food is another find from my last Buford Highway Farmers Market visit. I'm truly thankful that market exists, since I've found an overwhelming percentage of food for my blog there. It's a great place for one-stop around-the-world shopping, and if you've never been, what are you waiting for?

I've had great luck with a lot of the Indian food mixes that the BHFM sells. In addition to being inexpensive, they've also allowed me to try a lot of foods for the first time. I'm no stranger to curry, but when I saw this packet of egg curry mix, I couldn't resist taking it home. I love eggs in almost any dish, and I was curious to taste how they worked in a curry dish.
Once I got ready to try this dish for lunch today, I couldn't believe how easy the prep was. All I had to do was boil the eggs, separately blend the curry mix with water, then simmer it all for about 10 minutes. The curry/water mix looked a bit thin to me at first, but it thickened up once it was finished cooking. The curry sauce was fairly spicy, and my forehead broke out in a sweat almost immediately after I took a bite. I know there are several different spice levels with curry, but this one was definitely strong enough to notice. The sauce contained a lot of the standard curry ingredients (tomato powder, chili powder, coriander, etc.), and it actually worked well with the hard-boiled eggs. Good stuff, and a super-easy new dish.
One more new Indian dish to come this week, then on to some shopping. Only 63 more days to go...stick with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment