Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 65

Chia Seed Muffin: I have to be honest - I usually stay away from anything that sounds as nutritious as a chia seed muffin. If you've read my past posts, you know I'm not even close to being a vegetarian. My diet is fairly healthy, but I don't follow any sort of rules. If I want it, I eat it, but in moderation. Anyway, while browsing for some dinner options at Your Dekalb Farmers Market today, I noticed these muffins in the fresh baked goods section. I've never had anything made from chia seeds (yes, the same ones that Chia Pets use), but these muffins looked interesting. The dessert counter sold them individually, so I grabbed one for a snack on the way out.

I unwrapped it in the car (I was obviously hungry), and I noticed that it was a lot heavier/denser than your standard banana or blueberry muffin. Upon tasting, I was really surprised at how good it was. It was a little sweet, but much less than I expected. The chia seeds were spread throughout the muffin, and they provided a nice crunch along with some walnuts. I also noticed some raisins, which added a little moisture. I'd gladly buy more of these, and I plan on doing so next time.

Apparently chia seeds have a lot of health benefits, so I felt like I did something good for myself today. Maybe healthy food isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment