Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 76

Parmesan and Cracked Black Pepper Bread: Ok, this post may be a little short - I'm headed out early for an out of town gig tonight and won't have any time to post later. Good thing I did some browsing at Whole Foods yesterday after my lunch at Super Pan, and that's where today's new food came from. I noticed this bread while looking at the hot bar, and it sounded different and tasty. I was curious to see how the combo of parmesan and black pepper tasted after being baked right into the bread, so I picked up a loaf to take home.

I cut off a small piece this morning and tried it alone - really good. The bread itself reminded me of sourdough, but with an overwhelming presence of cracked black pepper. I could easily see flecks of it throughout the bread, but the parmesan wasn't as easy to detect. It became a little more present after a couple of bites, but pepper was clearly the stronger presence with this bread.

I'm not sure how long Whole Foods will have this one, but it's worth checking out. Recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment