Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 104

Trader Joe's "European Style" Yogurt: Ok, so I know this one may seem a bit conventional, but when I spied this item at Trader Joe's this week, I really didn't know what they meant by "European Style" yogurt. I've had plain yogurt and Greek yogurt, but European? I like yogurt in all forms that I've had so far, and this one was only $0.99, so it didn't hurt to give it a try.
In addition to being "European," this one was also mocha flavored. Nothing really new, but I was more curious about how different the texture of this one would be. I opened it and gave it a quick stir, and it had a noticeably thin texture, much like Greek yogurt. I took a bite, and it almost reminded me of Jell-O pudding, but a bit thinner. The texture was smooth and creamy, but with a faintly tangy aftertaste like Greek yogurt. The mocha flavoring was also tasty - I like anything coffee flavored, so I knew that element wouldn't disappoint.

If you're looking for a healthier dessert alternative, check this one out at TJ's. Not an earthshaking new find for me, but I'm glad I tried anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment