Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 89

Korean Green Pepper Kimchi: Today's post is the last item left from my Asian "lunch box" purchased last week at the BHFM, and luckily it kept nicely until today. I really enjoyed all the other foods that this combo came with, and I'm sort of glad I saved this one for last. I've had traditional kimchi plenty of times before, but this version made with Korean green peppers was new to me. As you may remember, I have an extremely low tolerance for spicy foods. If I'd eaten this item first from the combo box, I'm not sure I would have been able to go further - this kimchi was super spicy.
In addition to the heat from the peppers, the addition of chili paste raised this dish up quite a few notches. The peppers were whole with stems still on, and the kimchi seasoning added a tasty, sweet (but super hot) element to them. I could honestly only handle a couple of these peppers at a time before I reached my limit. They tasted great, but my forehead was pouring sweat after a couple bites. If you have a cold or sinus congestion, these will definitely open you up.

If you like kimchi and have a high tolerance for heat, give these a try if you see them at the BHFM. Eating a whole serving of these would be a great "Man vs. Food" challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment