Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 93

Black Plum: A few days ago, I decided that I needed some more fruits/vegetables back in the diet, so luckily I found some good candidates at Super H in Doraville yesterday while browsing. Their produce section isn't nearly as big as the one at the BHFM, and it seemed like I'd already eaten my way through most of what they had. This is obviously going to be a problem sooner or later, but I did happen to find a few new fruits that looked good. Today's entry is black plum, and while I wasn't entirely sure how different it was going to be from other plums, it wasn't going to hurt to try.
Like other plums, this one featured a soft, thin skin with a slightly waxy coating. Apparently these are native to Japan/China, but I'm not sure where these were grown. I like plums, especially their juiciness and tartness, so I was curious to see how this one compared to others I've had. After cutting off a slice, it looked like the lighter-colored versions I've had on the inside. In regard to taste, I couldn't tell much of a difference, either. It had the same tartness, but was a little less juicy than I expected. Good, but nothing really new for me.

I'll be blogging about more new fruits as the week goes on, so stay tuned. This should keep the scurvy away, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE black plums!! Whenever you can get one and only when they are in season....get a dozen! You too will love them!!

    ReplyDelete