Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 105

Saya Snow Pea Crisps: Today's new food was an item I originally found in the snack section at Super H Mart a couple weeks ago. I haven't had time to do any shopping since before Thanksgiving weekend started, so I had to pull from my reserves. When I saw these at Super H, they seemed interesting - I like snow peas as well as dried vegetable-type snacks, so I figured they couldn't be too bad.
The last few times I've had dried vegetable snacks, I've really enjoyed them (especially the crispy dried okra sold at the BHFM). I thought these would basically be the same, but in snow pea form. Well, yes and no. This snack was definitely made from peas, but I think these were formed into a snow pea shape instead of being actual dried snow peas. The crunchy texture reminded me of Funyuns (everyone's fave convenience store faux-onion rings), and the taste was, well...pea-like. Not that tasty, but sort of a mindless snacking-type option. They weren't really any more exotic than a random bag of potato chips or crisps from the USA.

In the future, I'll definitely stick to the real dried vegetables, like the okra I love so much. Oh well, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment