Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 97

"Butter Peanut Cake": This was another non-fruit find from my shopping spree at the Doraville Super H Mart earlier in the week. I love their "snack" section, and it's comprised of some true oddities from around the world. Today's item is of Asian descent (I believe either Chinese/Japanese), and strangely, isn't cake at all.
Upon first glance, it looked like one of those Lance peanut rolls that I'm used to seeing in convenience stores everywhere. I figured it would be a bit different from that, but I was surprised at how similar it really was. It tasted like traditional peanut brittle, with no real differences that I could find. Maybe they call peanut brittle something different overseas? Anyway, it was super-crunchy and really good, with a strong, syrupy peanut flavor, but there isn't much else to say about it.

If you like peanut brittle, check this one out next time you're at Super H. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment