Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 19

Boysenberry Dried Fruit Bar: This was an impulse buy in line at Trader Joe's yesterday. I'm always on the lookout now for something I've never had, and I realized while waiting to checkout that I'd never eaten a boysenberry, or anything boysenberry flavored. Maybe getting real boysenberries would have been a better plan, but for this blog, I have to improvise sometimes.

This appeared to be a normal dried fruit snack, but I wasn't really sure what to expect once I opened the package. When I tried it this morning, it ended up being a chewy, sticky, Fruit Roll Up-style bar, but not as thinly pressed. The taste reminded me of grape or raspberry, which didn't surprise me after I looked up some info on boysenberries - they're actually related to raspberries in appearance and taste. I ate the whole bar pretty quickly. Fine, but not memorable.

I'm now curious about trying real boysenberries. Anyone know when they're in season, and where to find?

No comments:

Post a Comment