Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 31

Apricot: So today officially marks the end of my 1st month of "Who Eats That Stuff?" It's hard to believe it's already been that long, and I've discovered a lot of great new foods along the way. Some blew my mind (bibimbap, macarons), while others weren't so good (potted meat, the weird jelly bean-covered raisins), but I've really been having fun with this blog. Thanks again to all the people that have followed me along the way, and I really appreciate all the comments as well. I hope all of you keep with me for the next 11 months - who knows what will happen?

Anyway, back to the food! As I've been shopping over the last month, I've noticed that there are a lot of fairly normal foods I've never had, especially in the fruit/vegetables area. For example, I've tasted a lot of apricot-flavored things over the years, but I've never had a real apricot. When I saw these fresh ones in the Super H Mart, I figured it was time to try.

Based on it's appearance and feel, it reminded me of a tiny peach. The skin was super soft, almost velvety. I wasn't quite sure how to eat it, so I just took a bite. The taste reminded me of a peach as well, but much less tart and juicy. This was a little more on the sweet side, and there wasn't any real juice to speak of. The center was filled with a small pit, just like a peach. I had no idea that apricots were a "stone" fruit, so that was a surprise. Not bad, but I must say I prefer peaches to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment