Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 30

Red Bean Doughnut: Yesterday's shopping trip to Super H Mart in Doraville yielded some great results. As soon as I walked in the door and headed towards the food court, I noticed a bakery vendor called Tous Les Jours that was anything but French, despite the name. They were selling a variety of Korean-style baked goods, and after I finished my lunch, I knew I'd be needing some before I went home. If you've never had any Asian pastries, I highly recommend seeking them out. They're usually a bit lighter and less oily than their American counterparts, and you don't feel quite as bad after eating them. I picked out a few different types, but decided to try the red bean doughnut this morning.

This doughnut resembled any other on the outside, but the inside was filled with a sweet red bean paste. After taking a bite, I noticed that it was much more dense than your run of the mill Krispy Kreme or Dunkin'. Much easier to eat for breakfast, compared to the KK gutbombs. The lightly sweetened red bean paste in the middle was a nice touch, and I could have easily eaten another one.

Next time you're in the Doraville/Peachtree Industrial area, check out the Tous Les Jours bakery inside the Super H. You won't be disappointed. My readers have already suggested some other Asian bakeries, so I'll be trying some of those soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment