Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 17

Beignets: Sorry for the late post tonight - just getting home from Vegas. Had an awesome time with some great food, and I luckily found some brand new eats to blog about along the way. Today's post comes from Bouchon Bakery, once again. I was browsing the pastry counter with the GF this morning on our way out of the Venetian, and I spotted something that I'd seen on menus a million times, but never tried: beignets. Along with a few other insanely good pastries (pain au raisin, cheese danish), I bought a pair of these.

Beignets are little doughnuts that derive from French cuisine, and they're made from deep-fried dough that's coated in sugar or other toppings. These also had fillings - one with chocolate, the other with raspberry jam. Sounds amazing already, right? I knew these couldn't be bad, considering how good all the other pastries from the bakery had been. I took a bite of the raspberry-filled one, and it was pretty much like a doughnut, but a little heavier. If you've ever had a jelly-filled Krispy Kreme, these weren't that much different in concept, but way better and less sickly-sweet. They put a lot of the filling inside this one, so I was glad that I ate it in the hotel room before leaving. I sampled the chocolate one on the plane going home, and it was filled with a super tasty filling that I eagerly licked off my fingers. And, it was covered with chocolate sprinkles, which only added to the awesomeness.

I think me and the GF counted 12 pastries bought from the Bouchon counter on this trip. Needless to say, we'll both be dieting, effective immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know! recipes brown rice Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. read me This type of article is interesting and fun to read. I like reading and I am always searching for informative info like this. visit my website the time to read or take a look at the material or web sites we’ve linked to below the

    ReplyDelete