Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 26

Bosc Pear: As I mentioned before, it's getting more and more difficult to find something I've never had in a conventional grocery store. Sure, there are tons of flavors of chips/crackers/cookies/etc. that I've never had, but that's really not what I'm trying to accomplish here. I want to keep it interesting for me as well as my readers, and I'm doing the best I can so far. Anyway, I didn't have anything planned for today, so I stopped in the Ansley Kroger on the way home from the gym. I hit the produce section, and even though it was mostly stuff I've had before, I saw these on the way in and decided to try.

I've had pears before, of course, but never one of these. I do love them (especially combined with blue cheese), but I don't eat them that often. The bosc pear had a skin that was darker and browner than most I've had, and it felt a little less firm. I bit straight into it, and was surprised at how much more dense the fruit was compared to other pears I've had. It wasn't quite as tart as the greener versions, and I really loved the sweetness. Also, there was almost no core, and I devoured the whole thing except for the stem and a couple seeds. They're a little more expensive than standard pears, but worth it. Recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment