Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 27

Beach Cliff Fish Steaks: As you all have discerned by now, I'm a big fan of anything fishy in a can. While most people turn their nose up at this kind of stuff, I embrace it. The only other person that I know that loves this kind of food is my dad, and I've introduced him to several canned treats recently. That being said, I noticed these yesterday while shopping at the Ansley Kroger. I'm a sucker for anything I can't identify immediately (fish steaks?), and I figured it would be some sort of smoked fish, so I threw it in the cart.

I cracked these open this morning, and it was then that I noticed that these were actually made from herring. So much for the mystery "fish." These were packed in oil mixed with Louisiana hot sauce, and when I opened the can, I realized that there were indeed in "steak" form, much like a salmon or tuna steak you see in a restaurant. They actually tasted good, and the mix of oil and hot sauce was a pleasant surprise. Not super fishy, and not quite as good as the Riga sprats, but not bad at all. If you're into any canned/smoked fish, check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment